Saturday, February 21, 2009

Sorry nothing spectacular yet just trying to start keeping a jounal eventually I will be good at having pictures and all that jazz.
Today was ruff I was awakened at seven from two frantic little girls telling me that their chicks were not churping. They were holding both of the lifeless looking birds.I franticly get up and tell Kade that the chicks are dead and I was right that they must not have been eating their food. When to our surprise we hear a little churp. So kade tells me to just keep them warm and we hurry to try and get them to eat so we end up feeding them with a little dropper before long they started coming back to life. Needless to say we took the chicks with us to our tax appointment to keep an eye on them.We had a brown one and a black one, the black was doing better but not as good as the brown. When the end of the day came we just have a brown one. Blackie didnt make it. I am so sad because the black one was so cute. We are going to see if they have any more black ones on monday.
We have learned it is hard to keep chickens around. We got the girls chicks for christmas and a dog got in our yard and killed one of them. It was ruff on ensley. so we have only been in the chicken biz for a few months and we have lost half of them.

No comments:

Post a Comment